If you have never been to an auction before this is a great opportunity to check one out and see how much fun they are, and a perfect opportunity for all the do-it-yourselfer’s out there to get a fun project bike at an unheard of price!
There are close to 20 BMW motorcycles currently ready for auction and more may be added:
- 1951 R51/3 # 525918 (matching numbers, rolling basket case)
- 1964 R26/R27 # 382192 (black, bench seat, mismatched frame/motor)
- 1973 R60/5 # 943229 (black, toaster, much work done already)
- 1975 R90/6 # 961035 (blue, big tank, Windjammer fairing, custom seat)
- 1979 R100RS # 089482 (gold, starts, runs, decent cosmetics)
- 1981 R80GS # 362112 (1000cc kit, clock, tach, sidestand, cyl guards, bag mounts & rack)
- 1984 R80ST # 270834 (red, all there, bags & mounts, off road last several years)
- 1985 R80 # 480339 (black, “S” fairing, VG cosmetics, BMW bags)
- 1985 K100RT # 050043 (burgundy, cosmetically poor, some rust)
- 1985 K100RS # 042079 (black, high miles, Pichler fairing, bags, trunk)
- 1985 K100RT # 041951 (crash damage, no fairing, great for parts)
- 1986 K100RS # 043168 (crash damage, no fairing, great for parts)
- 1988 K75C # 132341 (white, off road several years, good cosmetics)
- 1990 K75S # 152229 (blue, one owner, 110K, ran well when parked)
- 1991 K100RS # 493618 (pearl white, many extras, luggage)
- 1991 K100RS # 493474 (pearl white, one owner, very low miles, perfect cosmetics)
- 1995 K75 # 135861 (red, just arrived, no details yet)
- 2003 K1200LTC # D79516 (silver, needs service, all proceeds to RFK)
All bikes are subject to prior sale and most will have a minimum reserve.
If you are looking for a project to keep yourself busy with over the cold winter months, register today to get your auction number and arrive at 10 a.m. to preview the bikes at Bob’s warehouse conveniently located across the street from the dealership at 10630 Briggs Hill Road, Unit Y, in Jessup, MD on October 5. At Noon, Professional Auctioneer Steve Dance will begin the auction.
TERMS OF SALE AT AUCTION:
All bidders must register day of sale prior to start of auction. All motorcycles have clear titles. All motorcycles are considered to be projects in need of some level of service, mechanical or cosmetic repairs before being deemed safe and roadworthy and capable of passing a state inspection process for a tag to be issued. Bob’s BMW will process all transactions including new title to purchaser at a fee of $100. Maryland sales tax will be collected as required by law except for out of state purchasers who are legally responsible for paying them in their state. All sales are final, no refunds or exchanges considered. As is standard at any auction all sales are under AS IS, WHERE IS conditions and no warranty or guarantee is provided, written or implied. A standard “AS IS, WHERE IS” bill of sale addendum will be signed by seller and buyer in each transaction. Bob’s BMW and the Auction staff will make every effort to provide all known details about each machine. In some cases we have lots of information and in others it is minimal. Not all mileage shown on odometers is accurate and the staff is glad to share their opinion and any history we have on file. It is the bidders and final purchaser’s responsibility to carefully inspect any given motorcycle, ask questions and make their own informed decision before placing a bid.
Full payment is required on day of sale. Cash, credit card or bank check will be accepted for payment. Personal checks will be used to hold a sale only until cash payment can be made. There is no financing available. Removal may be arranged day of sale following a completed transaction and full payment by stated terms between the hours of 2:00 and 4:00 PM or during the next five (5) business days by appointment. Any sold motorcycle remaining after October 12, 2013 will begin to incur storage charges of $20 per day. Purchasers are responsible for loading their own motorcycles onto their own trucks or trailers and must provide their own equipment, straps, etc. Bob’s BMW will provide a commercial heavy duty ramp for use as requested. Commercial transport is available at purchasers own cost via Chucks Motorcycle Towing at 301-875-7879.
Finally, all purchasers are entitled to a roughly 90 day discount (expires 12/31/2013) on all parts purchased to bring a project bike purchased at this auction back to life and return it to the road in safe and roadworthy condition. Should any portion of the work required, mechanical or cosmetic, on a project bike be beyond the mechanical abilities of the purchaser the Bob’s BMW Service Department will be pleased to accept individual components or entire machines for expert attention. The discount of any parts required will still apply. There is no discount on the labor provided by the Service Team but they will be pleased to give you and your project some extra attention at no extra cost over the winter months.