The Yamaha FJR1300 has long been a great-performing favorite among sport touring enthusiasts. Motorcycle journalists rave about it as well. The 2015 ‘A’ model represents the third generation of this venerated line and it offers increased performance, bold styling upgrades, added comforts and even more value. Though this one is five years old it has only 1,900 miles on it, which is remarkable. What’s even more remarkable is its condition — LOOK at it — just like new; not a scratch; spectacular!
Here’s a brief rundown of just some of this bike’s great features:
• 1298cc, DOHC, 16-valve, liquid-cooled inline-four engine delivers serious power (141 hp) and torque (102 ft-lbs @ 7000 rpm).
• Specially designed, low-vibration crankshaft that delivers a smooth ride.
• The crank uses carburized connecting rods for excellent strength and durability.
• Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (T.C.I.)
• Yamaha Chip Control ride-by-wire throttle system
• Traction Control System
• Yamaha Ride Modes offers a selectable 3 mode system
• Advanced Integral ABS Brakes
• Shaft Drive
• Electronic Cruise Control
• Stylish single piece upper fairing provides great aerodynamics for reduced drag as well as excellent wind and weather protection.
• Anti-theft Immobilizer Ignition System
PLUS, this bike stands fully equipped to suit whatever travel plans you’re dreaming about.
• Luggage: Look at those large, lockable (one-key system), quick-release saddlebags — color matched too — and in perfect condition! Where do you want to go today?
• Comfort/Ergonomics: You get not only the cool ZTechnik V-Stream dark tinted sport shield that’s on the bike now, there are two additional windshields that come with it as well! — a taller touring shield, and the original stock shield. There’s also MV Bar-Backs to put the handle bars in a more agreeable position, Heated Grips, Cruise Control, and a very comfy seat; you’ll ride all day and ask for more!
• Protection and Security: It’s got both front and rear protection bars to guard the engine, body work, and side cases. There’s a pad on the tank to protect the paint from scratches, and it’s got two auxiliary helmet locks.
The bike has had the full benefit of our Service Department’s detailed maintenance checkup to assure all safety and performance functions are at or above factory specs. We gave it a Bi-Annual service which essentially covers replacement of all vital fluids and filters, and we installed NEW TIRES, not because the originals were badly worn, but because we considered their age to be a potential safety concern. Then, after our extended test ride to verify the real world results of our bench and wrench work, we put it through Maryland’s rigorous Safety Inspection, which it passed glowingly.
Before pre-owned bikes go to the sales floor, our pro detailer always gets the last word. With this bike, though, he had an easy day. It’s not often we get such an immaculate specimen — we’re pretty tough critics, but this bike actually rated a ‘10’ cosmetically. Nevertheless, he deep cleaned and polished it to absolute perfection. This machine is literally flawless!
This motorcycle has SO much going for it: the performance, all the features and extra equipment, the fact that it’s in LIKE NEW condition, fully serviced, inspected, and ready to roll TODAY… there’s only one more thing we should mention. And that’s the PRICE. Look again. When you buy this motorcycle, there will be money left in your wallet to take the summer off for travel. Now THAT’s Perfection!