Some of the PROJECT BIKES we offer are purchased right away because they’re just too good to pass up. We think this will be one of those. This F650GS has been serviced, it RUNS WELL, and it’s in good shape cosmetically. It could make someone’s Christmas really special — perhaps as their first bike. So why are we selling it as a PROJECT BIKE? Read on to find out. OR, make sure you don’t miss out by calling 1-888-269-2627 RIGHT NOW to speak with one of our BMW Certified Sales Advisors —Jim, or Todd. Call TODAY!
As with all PROJECT BIKES we want buyers to know as much as possible about the bike before making a purchase. We’ve nothing to hide and our only goal is that the new owner for each and every PROJECT BIKE feels they paid fairly and got a good, if not great value in the deal. We encourage people to call, schedule a time to meet with one of our sales advisors and inspect each machine in person so they fully understand all the positives as well as the potential downsides involved in the refurbishing process. Please take a moment to learn more about Bob’s PROJECT BIKE program and read our general disclaimer HERE.
This PROJECT BIKE, a 2005 BMW F650GS, is dual-sport motorcycle which has a liquid-cooled, 652 cc, single cylinder, 4-stroke engine capable of a claimed 50 hp @ 6500 rpm. It has a 5-speed transmission and chain drive. Seat height is 30.7 inches, fuel capacity is 4.5 gallons, and weight is 425.5 lbs dry. For many years, this model was a versatile staple in the BMW lineup and admired by riders across the globe. Bringing this F650GS back to its ideal condition will be easy — it’s not from it already — and will certainly be a rewarding endeavor.
This bike has a few minor issues, none of which are too serious in themselves, but taken together were enough to cause our decision to offer it as a PROJECT BIKE. Here is a full disclosure of its issues.
• It has a “Branded Title.” Apparently, when the bike was titled in Maryland previously, its then owner was not able to provide acceptable proof of its mileage, and so it was given the special designation of a Branded Title. However, based on our thorough cosmetic and mechanical examination of it, we have no reason to believe that the mileage indicated on the odometer is not accurate and correct! The other good news is that, despite the branded title, you will have no problem titling the bike in your name.
• The High-Beam switch on the left-side switch cluster on the handlebar is missing, and the bike would not pass Maryland Safety Inspection for this reason. (And only for this reason. It would have passed otherwise.)
• There are some cosmetics issues that a new owner may wish to resolve: The windscreen is missing | The headlight bucket is scratched and may have a small crack | There are minor scratches on the left-side turn signal and hard guard | There are tip-over scratches visible on the engine guards (but the guards did their job and protected vulnerable components underneath!)
• A note about the tires: These tires have a tread depth adequate to pass Maryland Inspection, but their age leads us to recommend replacing them very soon to assure optimal safe riding.
We believe that the positive FEATURES this bike boasts outweigh the minor challenges listed above and make this PROJECT BIKE an incredible VALUE!
• We’ve just given the bike a 12K/Annual Service (all fresh fluids and filters, brake fluid change, new spark plugs, chain service). Plus, it has a NEW BATTERY and new FORK SEALS were installed. The bike is in very good mechanical condition and running splendidly!
• Equipped with BMW Side Cases – expandable, quick detachable, lockable!
• Equipped with Auxiliary Driving Lights
• Factory OPTIONS included on this model are ABS Brakes, Heated Grips, 4-Way Flashers
All in all, this PROJECT BIKE isn’t really so much of a project in the end. It’s a very short path to full pride of ownership, and at this attractive price, how can you not consider it a gift that will keep on giving? Call Bob’s NOW!