This R1100R with ABS is another fabulous, “almost” classic BMW that has just been acquired here at Bob’s to make yet another new or existing customer very happy. It was fully evaluated down to the smallest mechanical and cosmetic detail before we turned it over to the Service Team for freshening. We’ve completely serviced it and more. It has been thoroughly road tested, state inspected and is ready for a new owner looking for a GREAT VALUE to enjoy for many years to come. And as is standard here at Bob’s, only Certified BMW technicians do this work. Want to know more right now? See it in person? Ride it? Then call 1-888-269-2627 to speak with one of our BMW Certified Sales Advisors — Jim, Todd, or Kyle. Call TODAY!
Bob’s BMW sold this bike when new to the only owner it’s ever had. She enjoyed it but never road as much or as far as hoped. We originally lowered the bike with aftermarket shocks and a modified side stand. As we felt the market was greater at the standard height and as those shocks were leaking, we installed a perfect set of used original height BMW shock from our vast used parts inventory and installed a good used stock sidestand. The center stand had not been altered and was still in perfect shape.
The original owner had the seat professionally recovered in this beautiful, rich brown vinyl that we think matches the lustrous original metallic blue paint – Pacific Blue Metallic is the BMW official name for this color. The factory chrome mirrors were a selected upgrade twenty-three years ago as were the chrome cylinder/crash guards and bar end weight. The stock single horn was removed, and nice pair of louder dual horns were added.
This bike has always been maintained despite the low miles. And when not ridden it was kept in a very nice, attached garage with a cover so it never sat outside and as a result there was no exposure or corrosion damage for us to address. Our in-house professional detailer did manage to make it shine much better than when it arrived, and that shine should last a good while.
The recent full service included the flowing items:
• New BMW battery installed
• Fresh fuel and Advantech Fuel additive/stabilizer/injector cleaner added
• Low mile, very clean, BMW front and rear shocks installed
• Clean used stock BMW sidestand and springs installed
• New front and rear Metzeler tires plus new BMW valve stems are mounted on this bike
• Installation included a Nitrogen fill (better than air for many reasons) plus speed balancing
• New BMW fork seals, dust seals and BMW 10w fork oil installed
• A full Inspection #1 – 6,000 mile – Annual service was performed, covering all maintenance needs
• New BMW Neutral switch with seal ring and O-ring and a brake bleeder valve were installed
• A 14-mile test ride in all gears, at all reasonable speeds including highway miles was performed
• A full brake system and ABS test was performed, all operations are exactly as required
• Any open BMW campaigns were checked for, as there were none, the bike was cleared for sale
• A copy of the passed Maryland Safety Inspection (MSI) report is included in the sale
This superb R1100RA includes a paint-matched WUDO “S’ type cockpit fairing model #00862 solidly mounted with a light tint windscreen and edge trim. The bike also comes with a key matched set of BMW’s Integral locking saddlebags and a beautiful looking and sounding REMUS Titanium exhaust and collector/CAT replacement plus a handy Wolfman tank bag. It also boasts factory heated grips, a set of P3 Axillary rear brake lights and a factory electronic clock built into the tidy dash panel.
Cosmetically, it is simply beautiful, a solid 98 points on our critical rating scale. Our detailer brought out the full new look luster. The fasteners, hardware, rubber bits, seat, exhaust, wheels, forks, frame, driveline components, fairing and screen, dash, and everything else looks nearly brand new. Only the BMW saddlebags lids have some minor fade to the original black finish.
No one will be disappointed in this fine machine upon close inspection, and a good test ride will confirm that it operates like new. This standard 1100 cc BMW comes with the original owner’s manual, warranty book, service and technical booklet, the saddlebag instructions, the original tool kit in the black pouch and three BMW keys.
YOU WILL NOT FIND ANOTHER R1100RA (ABS) on the market that is this nice, this fully serviced, has such low miles, had just one owner, and looks this fantastic. Grab it before one of your friends do!