The “Sport Tourer” as a distinct design concept was born when BMW released the first R100RS in 1977. Now, riders who wanted to cover long distances in reasonable comfort with protection from the elements, but without giving up the thrills of sport riding, had a machine to call their own. Ever since then, RS models have evolved to offer an ever more sophisticated blend of high performance technology with the pleasing amenities usually found only on larger, heavier touring bikes. When the BMW R1200RS first appeared in 2015, with its liquid-cooled, 1170cc boxer-twin power plant, and jaw-dropping gorgeous, aggressive-looking new bodywork, BMW successfully catapulted the RS design concept to a whole new level. Reviews of it were ecstatic!
This R1200RS is a prime example. It was sold new and serviced at Bob’s; its only owner had it for about two and a half years, accumulating 17,640 miles of pure riding enjoyment in that time before deciding to trade in for a newer model. In our initial evaluation we found it to be in mechanically excellent condition, properly maintained and well cared for. Cosmetically, we saw no excessive wear, no damage of any kind, and only typical signs of use for a bike of this mileage. All good. But then when our in-house detailer was done applying his time and talents, well… the results speak for themselves. This machine, already eye-catching in its Light Grey Metallic/Magellan Grey two-tone finish, now gleams in nearly flawless splendor! The only blemish you might notice is some minor scratching on the windscreen where, we suspect, the previous owner used something too abrasive to clean it. (Be sure to ask us about the proper products and techniques for getting bugs and tar off windshields and other surfaces so this doesn’t happen to you!)
This RS is generously equipped with technical options to give you a riding experience that is as safe as it is stimulating. It came from BMW with both the Premium & Touring option packages installed. And just LOOK at all that includes:
• On Board Computer • Dynamic ESA (Electronic Suspension Adjustment) • ABS Pro
• DTC (Dynamic Traction Control) • Gear Shift Assist Pro • Ride Modes Pro • GPS Prep
• TPM (Tire Pressure Monitoring) • Cruise Control • Heated Grips • Keyless Ride
• Engine Spoiler • Chrome Exhaust Pipe • Mounts for Touring Side Cases
• Rear Luggage Rack • Center Stand — PLUS there’s a sweet aftermarket option that the previous owner added: the high-quality HeliBars handlebar riser system which moves the bars up and back to a position many riders find more agreeable. This bike is definitely LOADED, and ready right now to take you anywhere. As its next owner, you may only wish to expand the luggage carrying capability, and that is easy to do. Think about Side Cases, Tank Bag, Top Case or soft Tail Bag — there are many options — and of course, our able Parts & Accessory Team can help guide you to the best choices to match your needs and budget.
The pros in our Service Department gave this bike their usual top-to-bottom scrutiny via our tough 38-Point Safety Inspection, ensuring that each component performs to BMW factory spec or better. Since it was about due for its routine 18K service, we went ahead with it. That consists of an engine oil and filter change, brake fluid replacement, and fork fluid renewal, along with any other needed adjustments. We also installed NEW TIRES: Michelin Pilot Road 4 GT, front & rear. Thus, here’s a bike that’s mechanically fit and fresh and RUNS LIKE NEW. There is not the slightest issue for the next owner to worry about. After its service workout we took it for an extended test ride — a kind of seat-of-the-pants confirmation of its performance and safety qualifications — then finally, to give it the official seal of approval, we ran it through the rigorous Maryland Safety Inspection. Needless to say, it passed perfectly. This motorcycle comes with one extra little bonus: it is STILL UNDER BMW FACTORY WARRANTY until the August 5, 2020 – or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first. Are you starting to imagine what a great summer of riding you’re about to have? You SHOULD be!
This BMW R1200RS comes with 2 keys, original owner’s books, and the factory tool kit. Because it is in such great cosmetic and mechanical condition, this motorcycle is offered as a Bob’s BMW Advantage Certified Bike. That means that, as its next owner, you are entitled to a service loaner at no charge on your first visit, plus numerous other benefits. To learn all the details, contact one of our certified BMW Sales Advisors TODAY!