A motorcycle enthusiast/collector we know wisely saw some extraordinary value and desirability in this stunning Moto Guzzi V7 Racer when he purchased it for his collection over seven years ago. Who wouldn’t want to own a gorgeous, retro-café-racer like this? But if there’s a downside to the enviable hobby of motorcycle collecting, it may be that there simply isn’t as much time as one might like to actually ride all the tempting machines one has acquired. And that’s why, alas, this bike has only 806 miles on it! He brought it to us because it was time to pass the baton. Someone else — perhaps YOU — will be overjoyed to take the keys and give this Italian masterpiece the treatment it deserves. It’s a bike that virtually begs to be ridden, and that’s exactly what we hope you’ll do.
The V7 Racer comes with a design inspired by its predecessors — the seventies-era V7 Special and Sport. When those retro looks are combined with the technology of a modern Moto Guzzi, the result is a bike that’s well worth owning. Produced in a numbered edition (there’s a commemorative plaque on the steering yoke) the V7 Racer is a perfectly balanced blend of craftsmanship and technology evident in every aspect of this exceptional machine.
The red frame, itself inspired by the legendary early V7 Sport, is the result of a special painting treatment that’s also extended to the hubs and swingarm. The red contrasted against the jet black paint of the bodywork creates a look that is positively seductive.
Here is a rundown of the features of this motorcycle:
• 90° V-Twin, transverse mounted engine, classic Moto Guzzi.
• Modern engine redesign is more powerful: 47.6 hp @ 6,800 rpm
• Single throttle engine for more sporty performance.
• Marzocchi telescopic hydraulic fork
• Twin Bitubo shocks, fully adjustable.
• Reliable shaft drive.
• Brembo brake system, floating front rotor.
• Numbered limited edition plaque.
• Frame, swingarm and hubs in red finish.
• Classic spoke wheels, lightweight aluminum rims.
• Leather fastener strap along centreline of tank.
• Sporty single-seat saddle in suede.
• Set-back billet footrests, adjustable.
• Sporty single-seater saddle.
• Tail fairing with integrated race number panels.
• Top fairing with integrated race number panel.
• Sports mudguard.
• Side panels in brushed, drilled aluminium.
• Throttle body guards in brushed, drilled aluminium.
• Silencer mounting bracket in brushed, drilled aluminium.
• Chromed upper steering yoke guard.
• Chromed heat shield.
• Front fork stanchion dust gaiters.
Cosmetically, this bike is flawless. When it came to us there were traces of surface corrosion on some of the chrome parts, but our expert in-house detailer was able to erase all that along with any other signs of the passing of years and very few miles the bike was ridden. The result is a motorcycle that’s essentially as good as new, as though it had been preserved in amber for the last almost-eight years.
When we sent the bike for a workout in our Service Department, it got an Annual Service, which includes an oil and filter change along with a full checkup and our thorough 38-Point Safety Inspection. The only fault discovered was a small oil leak coming from behind the front engine cover which was resolved when we replaced the front seal behind the alternator. The original tires still retain over 90% of their tread depth and appear to be in very good condition despite their age. We filled them with nitrogen to improve their performance and extend their longevity. This bike comes with one key and the original factory tool kit. There is also a protective rain cover for the tank included which stores under the seat.
Along with the professional detailing and an extended analytical test ride, the bike was put through — and passed — a rigorous Maryland State Inspection. Now here it is: a magnificent and uncommon motorcycle that, to anyone with a taste for stylish and classic looking bikes, should be irresistible. It stands ready to make its new owner very proud. Contact one of our certified Sales Advisors TODAY to learn more.