Honda Africa Twins seem to be popping up in our showroom more and more, lately. For riders in search of an Adventure Bike that’s as affordable as it is capable, that’s a good thing. This gently used, well-equipped Africa Twin CRF1000L DCT with ABS is the hot ticket, and certain to be exactly the right bike for some lucky buyer. It has had just ONE previous owner who was very good to it — “bike has led a pampered life,” in his own words. Its mileage is moderately low, and we’ve taken great care to service top-to-bottom so that it now stands in impeccable mechanical condition, ready to take you to the ends of the earth, literally. Oh, and one other thing: it looks absolutely TERRIFIC… for the moment, at least. You see, Adventure Bikes like this are best served with fresh sprinkling of travel dirt and perhaps even drizzled with mud. So, enjoy its pristine gleam now while it’s still in the showroom, because once you’re out riding it, you may not be able to resist taking it somewhere way off the asphalt. You want to learn more, right? Then call 1-888-269-2627 to speak with one of our BMW Certified Sales Advisors — Jim, Todd, or Kyle — right NOW!
Some HIGHLIGHTS about this model:
• Liquid-cooled 998cc parallel-twin engine with Unicam® head for low engine height.
• Automatic Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) lets rider select the appropriate mode for conditions, from highway cruising to off-road riding.
• Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC) offers three levels of torque control; rider can select ideal torque delivery for conditions, or HSTC can be switched off when wheel-spin is desired.
• Innovative air-intake design makes viscous air filters accessible without removing the fuel tank, for simplified maintenance.
• Anti-lock braking (ABS) provides smooth, confident stopping power in a variety of conditions; rear ABS can be switched off.
• Adjustable saddle accommodates a wide range of rider heights; standard seat adjusts between 34.3 and 33.5 inches, and an available accessory seat lowers height even more.
• Gold-anodized spoked wheels!
• Dual LED headlights give an imposing presence while providing excellent nighttime illumination.
• Aluminum skid plate helps protect against damage from stones, rocks, and other obstacles
Additional OPTIONS & ACCESSORIES included:
• HEED Engine/Body Protection Bars
• HEED Hand Guards (extra-rugged design)
• Super-sized Side Stand Foot (helps prevent tip-overs when parked on loose dirt or soft asphalt)
• Center Stand (You can thank the previous owner for thoughtfully installing this useful piece of hardware!)
This White, Blue, & Red beauty got the royal treatment when it came to our Service Department. After an initial, thorough safety check and diagnostic evaluation, we went to work on it straightaway with Honda’s prescribed 16K Service. This included changing the engine oil & filter, replacing the clutch filter (necessary with Dual Clutch Transmissions), replacing both air filters, replacing all four spark plugs, a complete valve inspection/adjustment and compression check – which in this case, necessitated replacement of one of its 8 valves with a new one, flushed and renewed the front and rear brake fluid, dumped and renewed the engine coolant, and the requisite clean/lube/adjust procedure on the chain. Whew. But we didn’t stop there. We determined that all the brake pads were at or near their wear limit, so we replaced all front and rear pads with EBC high-performance pads. Finally, for good measure, we inflated both tires with nitrogen which optimizes their wear and performance characteristics going forward. These tires, by the way, were new not long ago, in excellent condition, and still have plenty of life left in them. Finally, we took the bike for an extended Test Ride, where it earned a big “Thumbs-Up,” and then the Maryland Safety Inspection to get its legal bonafides in order — all of which means this bike is ALL RIGHT and READY to ROLL … Today!
You’ve already seen how great this bike looks in the photos, and we can assure you that when you see it in person, you’ll be no less impressed. But there are a couple little things that don’t stand out, so we’ll draw your attention to them in case you might miss them yourself. There is a very tiny crack in the plastic seat-surround panel on the left side near the rear. It’s almost unnoticeable and structurally unimportant. And there is a minor but noticeable scratch on the right-side hand guard. Any further signs of the bike’s previous life were either erased during the meticulous cleaning and detailing process it received or are too insignificant to bother mentioning. This motorcycle looks great and you will be proud to own it.
Everything about the performance and the appearance of this Honda Africa Twin CRF1000L DCT is TIP-TOP. And its price point is surely going to appeal to those of us who aren’t billionaires. It’s time to think about what adventures you want to experience in the upcoming season, and which motorcycle you’ll be riding to fully enjoy those adventures. We can strongly recommend THIS one. Please hurry to Bob’s to claim it!