The New BMW S 1000 XR
THE CHALLENGE OF CURVES AND MILES.
Make no concessions, demand it all. From yourself, but also from your machine. Always fighting for the racing line: every curve a few degrees deeper, a few millimeters tighter. mile after mile. With the new S 1000 XR, you have a motorcycle that also makes no compromises. It combines athleticism and long-distance performance in perfect form. Its sporty aggressiveness comes from the RR. Its outstanding ergonomics with the upright, relaxed seat position, however, allows you to fight for every curve and straightaway all day. A racetrack that only finishes when you want. How it should be. That is how we view the XR. What about you?
ON THE RACING LINE – EVEN IN THE DESIGN.
The front fairing and lighting system are defined by sharp edges. Combined with striking beading, they shape the overall line – aggressively and consistently to the finish: it’s no accident that the visually short tail is reminiscent of a sport bike.
The hinted snout, the high flyline, and the comfortable handlebars indicate an insatiable hunger for miles. Miles that are great fun in the long-distance seat position, even after days at a time – also thanks to the revised aerodynamics and fairing. It provides even better protection against the cold, driving noises and the elements. The adjustable windshield means you can keep your eyes on the road, and the odometer, without your helmet shaking.
COLORS WITH EXPRESSION
With the paint variants of the S 1000 XR, you are making a clear visual sign. Defined and precise, the colors emphasize the sporty, angular character of the machine down to the last detail. THIS one is Ice Grey, a color variant that contrasts perfectly with the black elements to put the bike’s sharp lines in the foreground. A clear statement for everyone who would rather have their actions speak for themselves.
The other S 1000 XR color option is Racing Red with White Aluminum Metallic Matte. The Racing Red has genes right from the circuit and underlines the sporty, aggressive character of the S 1000 XR. The contrast in White Aluminum makes the side section appear to float.
A CURVE THAT MAKES YOU ADDICTED: OUR TORQUE
The engine of the S 1000 XR is based on the high-performance engine of the new RR and was optimised according to the XR for uncompromising long-distance performance: among other things, special camshaft profiles and designated manifolds deliver impressive torque from the middle and the widest usable speed range in its class. The longer gearbox in the upper gears ensures smooth running – which you can feel and hear.
MORE DYNAMIC THANKS TO THE LOWER WEIGHT
Dynamism is also a question of mass. Even fully equipped, the S 1000 XR weighs a full 22 lbs less than its predecessors. In the lightest configuration, this bike is ready to ride at just 498 lbs. You won’t miss a single ounce, but you will feel each individual one – on every yard. In the form of better acceleration, higher agility, shorter braking distances, and easier maneuvering.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE NEW S 1000 XR
• Engine & Performance: Typical to the XR, the engine is uncompromising on long distances and designed to be sporty.
• Dynamic ESA Pro: A new race-inspired valve technology and a shim package: for unprecedented suspension adjustment range between long distances and the racetrack.
• Striking Front Design with Pro Headlight: Aggressive at all times of day: the fierce, sport front design with LED light.
• Optimized Weight: The low weight delivers better acceleration and higher agility. In other words: more riding enjoyment – and a sporty head start.
• Accessory Range, like Carbon Engine Guard: Whether it’s high-quality milled parts or carbon fibre equipment such as the engine guard: Our M Performance parts from the factory or as accessories are developed for true enthusiasts.
• The TFT display with BMW Motorrad Connectivity: The 6.5” TFT display replaces the instrument panel. BMW Motorrad Connectivity connects smartphone, bike, and helmet via Bluetooth. For navigation, favorite song, and conversations.
• Case System and Top Case. The integrated magnesium case holder is lightweight, completely uncoupled, and self-centering.
• Smart Solutions, Toll Pass Compartment: Best equipped for the road with the toll pass compartment and the 109 cubic inch storage compartment under the passenger seat.