Bob’s BMW is thrilled to be included in Elspeth Beard’s East Coast Book Tour presenting, Lone Rider, The First British Woman to Motorcycle Around The World.
In 1982, at the age of only 23, Elspeth left her family and friends in London and set off on a 35,000-mile solo adventure around the world on her 1974 BMW R60/6!
Elspeth will be at Bob’s BMW on November 17 to share her riveting account of adventure, travel, grit, and guts and all are welcome! The day will begin at 10am with a meet and greet at Bob’s Vintage BMW Motorcycle Museum* At 1:00pm we will gather at the dealership to hear Elspeth tell her story of her 2-year solo journey around the globe, including photographs taken throughout her journey.
Complimentary coffee and donuts will be available at the dealership in the morning and Kommie Pig BBQ Chicken & Ribs will be available for lunch starting at 11:30am.
Books available November 17. Reserve your copy in advance>> https://bit.ly/2CS6oEN
Throughout the day, you will have opportunities to get your personal copy of Lone Rider signed by Elspeth. Lone Rider is described by Overland Magazine as “Stunningly honest, Lone Rider is going to raise eyebrows. This extraordinary story is hard hitting.It’s going to challenge and surprise every reader.” This page turning perspective of the world, as experienced from the seat of a motorcycle is one you will definitely want to add to your library!
10:00am – Casual Meet & Greet with Elspeth while exploring BMW Motorrad history at Bob’s Vintage BMW Motorcycle Museum*
11:30am – 1:00pm – Kommie Pig BBQ Chicken & Ribs at dealership
1:00pm – Presentation at dealership: Elspeth tells her story of her 2-year solo journey around the globe on her BMW R60/6.
*Park at dealership. Guests that arrive by 10am can walk with Bob over to the museum which is only a short walk away. Guests arriving after 10am can follow the marked trail from the dealership to the museum.
Bob’s BMW will continue its annual tradition and will be closed on Black Friday. Instead of partaking in the shopping madness, Bob’s BMW invites riders of all makes and models to #optoutsideon2wheels.
On November 23 Bob will lead a group ride departing from Bob’s BMW Motorcycles at 10:30 am. Riders are asked to arrive at 10 am for the pre-ride meeting and to receive a copy of the ride route. Riders will enjoy riding twisty, hilly, and scenic open roads through Howard County, until arriving at the lunch destination around noon. This year’s lunch destination is one of Columbia’s newest restaurants, Cured Table & Tap!
RSVP is required for the ride and lunch. Spaces for lunch limited to the first 45 riders to RSVP.
Bob’s BMW Bus Trip to the International Motorcycle Show at the Javits Center in New York City is back and you are invited! For only $75 you get round trip transportation, full admission to see everything the BIGGEST motorcycle show on the East Coast has to offer, plus lunch and your very own Bob’s BMW hat and bag.
- Round-trip transportation exclusively with the Bob’s crew direct to the show. On-board video entertainment, wi-fi, and bathrooms available
- Full admission to the New York International Motorcycle Show
- Box lunch from WEGMANS, including sub, chips, fruit cup, cookie, and water. Plus a light snack and drink for the ride home
7:30 AM – Arrive and check in at Bob’s BMW
8:00 AM – Bus departs PROMPTLY from Bob’s BMW
12:00 PM – Arrive at Javits Center
4:00 PM – Bus leaves Javits Center
8:00 PM – Arrive back at Bob’s BMW
- You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours after purchasing your ticket ONLINE. For in-store purchases, please save your receipt. These will serve as your ticket onto the bus. If you do not receive this email, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please carpool if at all possible. Parking will be available at Bob’s BMW, on the street, and next door at Kratz warehouse
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received 2 weeks or less (December 16) are non-refundable per the charter bus contract. In the event of a winter storm categorized as a blizzard, the trip will be cancelled and a full refund will be issued.