2014-2015 HIGH MILEAGE POLAR BEAR CHALLENGE
How much winter riding can you bear?Bob’s BMW Motorcycles (Jessup, MD) is pleased to announce it has joined forces again with Gerbing Heated Gear for its 2nd Annual High Mileage Polar Bear Challenge! All brand riders are welcome and encouraged to join in the fun. All you have to do is ride…it’s that simple!
The contest begins December 2nd and runs through April 4th. All active participants will receive an exclusive Polar Bear Challenge t-shirt and cool bike decal. Monthly and cumulative high mileage male and female winners will be awarded $2,500 worth of prizes thanks to this year’s sponsor, Gerbing Heated Gear!
The first annual Polar Bear challenge was a great success with riders of all brands and models showing up to participate and coming from as far north as New York and as far South as North Carolina. Monthly high mileage winners Dennis Mcdougald, Kelly Valdez, Lisa Hecker, and Neftali Colon rode home with Gerbing G3 heated gloves, Rev’it Kelvin H20 gloves, Rev’it Tour Winter socks, Rev’it balaclavas. Grand prize winners and Polar Bear champions Lisa Hecker and Neftali Colon won Gerbing heated jacket liners!
Combined, Polar Bear riders traveled 95,800 miles during the most frigid months of the year! Of those total miles the current reigning champs, Neftali of New York traveled 12,234 miles on a 2007 Yamaha and Lisa of Maryland traveled 7,539 miles on her 2008 BMW R1200GS. Only time will tell how long they will hold this title!?!
This year Bob’s BMW will be inviting motorcycle clubs to join the challenge from near and far offering an option for riders outside of Maryland, D.C., and N. Virginia who are members of a charter motorcycle club to participate and submit mileage via club presidents. Anyone interested in getting more details can contact firstname.lastname@example.org and/or download Registration Forms and “How it Works” HERE.
How To Register
Registration and mileage check-in must be done in person* at Bob’s BMW Service Department, Tuesday-Friday 9am-5:30pm and Saturday 9am-3:30pm; no appointment necessary. (see below for specific dates).
Want to participate but not “local”? If you are a member of a chartered motorcycle club and are interested in participating, contact email@example.com directly for more details on how you can get involved and/or download Registration Forms and “How it Works” HERE.
How The Challenge Works
- All participants must complete the Rider Registration Form. This can be completed Online or you can download and print the form.
- The male and female rider with the most miles traveled each round wins. The male and female with the most cumulative mileage are the grand prize winners. See prize list below.
- If either male or female class has less than 5 participants, the classes will be combined and the top 2 high mileage riders, monthly and cumulatively will receive prizes.
- You can participate in as many rounds as you like and/or the cumulative portion.
- Mileage check-in must be done in person* at Bob’s Service Department Tuesday-Friday 9am-5:30pm and Saturday 9am-3:30pm; no appointment necessary.
- Each participant is allowed one excused in-person check in and can submit mileage via email by purchasing a newspaper, holding it next to your odometer, and emailing that image to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- T-shirt sizes will be collected during registration so you can receive your shirt at your next check-in.
- Bike decals will be distributed at Round 4 mileage check-in.
Within 5 business days after a round ends, results will be posted and shared. Winners will be contacted directly to redeem prizes.
*Only riders outside of Maryland, D.C., and Northern Virgina who are chartered motorcycle club members are excused from in-person check-ins. Documentation showing club membership is required, in addition to cooperation from the club’s president to officially check-in and submit mileage.
Polar Bear Challenge Dates:
Round 1 – December
- Registration open December 2 – December 23
- Round 1 mileage check-in December 27 – December 31
Round 2 – January
- New Entrants: Register starting mileage January 2 – January 30
- Round 2 mileage check-in January 31 – February 4
Round 3 – February
- New Entrants: Register starting mileage February 4 – February 27
- Round 3 mileage check-in February 28 – March 4
Round 4 – March
- New Entrants: Register starting mileage March 4 – March 28
- Final mileage check-in March 31 – April 4
NOTE: Bob’s BMW is closed December 24-26 and December 31- January 1.
Questions? Email email@example.com or call toll free 800-269-2627.
Grand Prize: (2) Extreme Element Jacket and Pant
Total retail value is: $2,510
Anyone interested in more details can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll free 800-269-2627.
About Bob’s BMW:
Bob’s BMW Motorcycles located in Jessup, MD is one of the largest, most respected BMW motorcycle dealerships in North America, and the winner of several awards for overall dealer excellence, customer satisfaction, and community service. Bob’s impressive SuperStore, convenient to riders throughout the bustling Washington DC, Baltimore, and Northern Virginia region, is the destination of choice for Motorcycle enthusiasts from far and wide. Motorcyclists can choose from a huge selection of in-stock parts, apparel, and accessories. Plus an extensive inventory of new BMW Motorcycles that is the region’s largest by far, or browse a wide selection of ready-to-ride pre-owned motorcycles, both BMW and other brands as well.