The staff at Bob’s BMW gathered in July to celebrate Designer and Ecomm Manager, Lex O’brien’s 25 year anniversary at Bob’s BMW and here is what Bob had to say…
- “Lex joined Bob’s when it was still Bob’s Used Parts in 1989, we were just 7 years old!
- Lex was with us in the old shop across the street selling new and used parts.
- Lex was one of our parts experts and even back then he helped to guide the face of customer service.
- Lex eventually shared the tiny office on the second floor with Suzanne designing our ads.
- Lex was with us when we got our Maryland Dealers License to sell used motorcycles.
- Lex was here when we first became an Authorized BMW Motorcycle dealer.
- Lex created our first amazing catalog plus several updated versions -7 in total I believe and all works of art.
- Lex had two little kids when he first worked with us, we watched them grow up and one became an early catalog model.
- There was no internet in 1989, but when this came to be—Lex pioneered our website and ecommerce site.
- Lex continues to shepherd this constantly changing development process.
- Lex helped as we expanded and moved our facility to where we are now, I’m confident he schlepped a few tons personally.
- Lex has helped us grow, helped us change, and helped us evolve this business.
- Lex has another little kid now whom we also might get to watch grow up, perhaps this one is a future website model?
- Lex, thank you, thank you, thank you for being a part of this place, this family and a part of our lives.”
Suzanne then chimed in with this:
“So many words to describe Lex…
- Talented: graphic artist
- Talented: musician
- Bit of a bohemian
- Steadfast supporter of the Bob’s vision
- AND steadfast advocate for the consumer
- Lover of puns
- Watcher of birds
- Agreeable and cooperative YET…
- A bit stubborn
- Laid back
- Peace loving
- Fast! Hell on wheels and a great rider
- A bit rebellious
- Physically, spiritually, positively, absolutely, undeniably, ultimately
Those of you who have had the pleasure of interacting with Lex over these past 25 years, know everything mentioned above plus more is all true about Lex…he is a true asset to Bob’s BMW and one we hope to celebrate again and again in the future!
So who will be next to celebrate 25 years at Bob’s BMW?! Could it possibly be one of the newest members to our team such as Azure Carr or Stephanie Moreno, our new Certified Apparel Specialists? Or perhaps Tony Rouse or Patrick Ardnt, our newest Parts, Accessories, and Apparel team members? Or maybe Jovan Saunders, our new BMW certified technician? Only time will tell! In the meantime, next time you visit Bob’s please be sure to welcome Azure, Stephanie, Tony, Patrick, and Jovan to the Bob’s family and congratulate Lex on 25 years and counting!