Frequently Asked Questions
1. What day is best to take a demo ride?
Typically Monday-Friday because we can give you more of our time. Demo rides are also available on Saturdays but you just have to be a bit more patient with us.
2. How long does the typical demo ride last?
It depends on the rider but we feel 30 minutes is a good starting point.
3. Do I need to bring my own gear and helmet?
It is preferred but we do offer loaner jackets, gloves, and helmets if needed.
4. Do I have to have a current motorcycle operator’s permit to take a demo ride?
5. Can I take a demo ride if it is raining?
Yes and no. It depends on your experience so please give us a call first.
6. Are demo rides free?
A deposit is required just as if you were renting a bike or car. It is generally 10% of the motorcycle’s retail value or $1,000, whichever is greater? Credit cards are accepted and when the bike is returned in the condition it left, the transaction is voided and never even shows on your statement!
7. This is my first motorcycle, am I still allowed to take a demo ride?
Your safety and enjoyment are our number one concerns at all times. You must have a motorcycle operators permit and we will ask a few questions about your overall skills and experience; some required by BMW, others by our insurance company.
8. Do I need to schedule an appointment in advance?
We prefer that you do so we can have everything ready when you arrive but we certainly are able to making arrangements without advance notice.
9. Can I take a passenger?
Yes, but we do ask that you first take a solo ride.
10. I saw the 2012 sales demo’s listed. Do you offer demo rides on your used bikes as well?